|1 pounds||Beef ( alcatra); into 1/2" dice|
|4||Tomatoes;peeled.seeded and chopped|
|1||Onion; finely chopped|
|1||Clove garlic; minced|
|2 tablespoons||Dry funghi ( porcini)|
|Salt and pepper; to taste|
|1 cup||Heavy cream (optional); or fresh cream|
1. Brown meat in oil
2. Add chopped onions and cook until translucent 3. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
4. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook until it dries out.
5. Add ½ cup water and simmer covered until almost dry.
6. Keep adding ½ cups water whenever almost dry and cook until meat is tender ( about 2 hours)
7. One hour before end of cooking, wash dried mushroom well and soak them in warm water for 1 hour.
8. Drain mushrooms and save the liquid.
9. Chop mushrooms and add it along with liquid to the meat.
10. Simmer another half hour.
11. Add cream and serve with noodles Recipe by: Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky Posted to EAT-L Digest by Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <miriamp@...> on Nov 19, 1997
Random recipe of the day