|1 tablespoon||Fungus (after soaking)|
|4 ounces||Pork; shredded|
|¼ cup||Bamboo shoots|
|2 tablespoons||Soy sauce; dark|
|½ cup||Chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon||Cornstarch dissolved in:|
|1||Scallion (sliced in thin diagonal strips); sliced diagonally|
From: "sharon@..." <sharon@...> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 18:58:13 -0600 Recipe By : adapted from Madame Wong's Long-Life Chinese Cookbook 1. Slice 4 pieces of tofu approx. ½ inch thick. Cut each piece of tofu into 4 triangles by slicing each slice into quarters.
2. Soak fungus in boiling water to cover for 5 minutes. Drain. Remove the woody part.
3. Heat 2 T of oil in wok. Stir-fry tofu until a light brown in color.
Remove to separate plate.
4. Heat 2 T oil in wok. Put in pork. Stir-fry until color changes. Add fungus.
5. Gently add tofu to pork mixture. Add bamboo shoots, soy sauce, salt and stock. Cook 2 minutes until thoroughly heated.
6. Thicken with dissolved cornstarch. Sprinkle scallion on top. Cook 1 minute.
Per serving: 1621 Calories; 126g Fat (67% calories from fat); 116g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 59mg Cholesterol; 2709mg Sodium NOTES : May be prepared in advance through step 4. Do not freeze.
[Nutritional values off due to ingredient list.] Fresh mushroom may be used in place of fungus if not available.
MASTERCOOK RECIPES LIST SERVER
MC-RECIPE DIGEST V1 #59
From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day