|8 ounces||Blue crab meat; shredded|
|8 ounces||Snow crab meat; shredded|
|8 ounces||Shrimp; peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped|
|¼ cup||Green bell pepper; diced|
|¼ cup||Red bell pepper; diced|
|¼ cup||Scallions; diced|
|¼ cup||Dijon mustard|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|1 tablespoon||Cajun spice (not too salty)|
|2½ cup||Basil's Garlic Mayonnaise|
|1½ cup||Coarse bread crumbs; plus|
|¼ cup||Or dusting cakes|
|Oil for sauteing|
|Basil's Champagne Sauce|
|Green olives (garnish)|
|Chopped tomatoes (garnish)|
1. Combine crab meat and shrimp in a bowl. Add peppers and scallions; mix with a wooden spoon. Add mustard, salt, pepper, Cajun spice and garlic mayonnaise; stir. Stir in 1½ cups bread crumbs, mixing until thoroughly blended.
2. Shape mixture into 8 patties, each about 3 inches wide and ¾ inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with remaining ¼ cup bread crumbs.
3. Heat oil in a skillet until very hot. Add crab cakes and saute on both sides until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
4. Bake crab cakes in a preheated 400-degree oven until crisp, about 5 minutes.
5. Spoon ¼ cup Champagne sauce on each of 8 serving plates. Place a crab cake on each plate. Garnish with green olives and chopped tomatoes, if desired.
Source: Basil's Restaurant in Michigan City, Indiana.
Date: 10 Jun 96 09:57:22 EDT
From: Linda <72752.746@...>
MM-Recipes Digest V3 #161
From the MealMaster recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day