6 tb Butter, ghee or vegetable oil 1 ts Saffron ground or yellow food -coloring
4 tb Milk
4 ts Garlic puree
8 tb Onion puree
2 ts Garam Masala 2½ oz Natural -Yoghurt
5 fl Double Cream
2 tb Ground Almonds
20 Saffron strands (abt 1/10 gram) Salt to taste
~----Garnish----------------------------------- 2 tb Chopped fresh Coriander leaves (Cilantro) 30 Almonds whole, roasted
1. Heat the gee and mix the saffron powder or coloring with milk.
2. Heat the oil and quickly 'seal' the chicken cubes by turning frequently for 2 minutes, then add the yellow milk and stir-fri for 2 minutes. 3. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes - enough to remove the moisture content.
Now add the garam masala and stir-fry for 2 more minutes. Your total frying time is around 10 minutes, and the chicken is half cooked.
4. Add the yoghurt, cream and ground almonds and when it starts to simmer turn the heat down and stir-fry for 10 minutes more to ensure it does not stick, adding milk or water as necessary.
5. Place saffron strands in a little warm water and extract as much color as you can by gently mashing with a teaspoon.
6. Check that the chicken is cooked right through by cutting a large piece across. Simmer on if required. Just prior to serving add the saffron and salt to taste. Garnish with the coriander and almonds, and serve immediatley.
Random recipe of the day