|2 tablespoons||Lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons||Rum extract|
|2 tablespoons||Butter or margarine|
|½ cup||Brown sugar,firmly packed|
1. Toss banana slices with lemon juice; drain off excess.
2. Set aside 6 banana slices for garnish; divide remaining slices evenly among six lightly buttered 6-ounce custard cups.
3. Set cups in shallow baking pan.
4. Beat eggs, milk, granulated sugar and rum extract until well blended; pour evenly into custard cups.
5. Place pan in preheated 350'F. oven; pour VERY hot water into pan to within ½ inch of top of cups. 6. Bake about 40 to 50 minutes, until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Remove cups immediately from hot water; cool on wire rack 5 to 10 minutes.
8. To serve, gently loosen custards with thin spatula; invert onto serving plates and garnish with reserved banana slices.
9. Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; blend in brown sugar, water and cinnamon.
10. Bring to a boil; boil 3 minutes.
11. Spoon about 1 tablespoon hot syrup over each custard and serve immediately.
NOTE: This is a variation of the spectacular Bananas Foster served a famous retaurants in New Orleans.
Submitted By MICHAEL ORCHEKOWSKI On 10-23-94
Random recipe of the day