|3 cups||All-Purpose Flour|
|2 teaspoons||Baking Powder|
|1 teaspoon||Baking Soda|
|2 cups||Bananas, Ripe Mashed|
|¼ cup||Milk -- At Room Temperature|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla Extract|
|⅔ cup||Unsalted Butter -- At Room|
|3 ounces||Semisweet Chocolate|
|1 cup||Granulated Sugar|
|4 larges||Eggs -- At Room Temperature|
|5||Milk Chocolate-Coated Toffee|
|Bars -- (1.4 Oz. Ea.)|
|⅔ cup||Slivered Blanched Almonds --|
|Chopped And Toasted|
|3 tablespoons||Unsalted Butter|
1. Prepare Cake: Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 12-cup Bundt pan or fluted tube pan. Lightly dust with flour and tap out excess.
2. In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another small bowl, stir together bananas, milk, and vanilla until blended.
3. In a small bowl, using hand-held electric mixer, cream together butter and sugar until blended. One at a time, add eggs, beating well after each addition. In three additions each, alternately beat in flour mixture and banana mixture, until just combined. Stir in toffee and nuts.
4. Scrape batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for 65 to 75 mins, or until a cake tester inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
5. Remove pan to wire rack. Cool for 10 mins before inverting cake onto a cooling rack; finish cooling on rack.
6. Prepare Glaze: In a small saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over low heat, tirring often until mixture is completely smooth, with no streaks. Remove from heat and cool for 5 mins. Pour evenly over cooled cake. Place cake in refrigerator for 30 mins to set glaze.
Store cooled cake in an airtight container in refrigerator. Allow cake to reach room temperature before serving.
Makes 1 cake of 12 to 16 slices.
NOTE: To toast almonds, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake at 350 F for 5 to 7 mins, shaking sheet a couple of times, until nuts are lightly browned.
NOTE: This cake is delicious with suggested Chocolate Glaze or with a Chocolate Sauce.
Recipe By : Quick Chocolate Fixes- Weiner & Albright-ISBN 0-312-13153-4
From: Dan Klepach Date: 01-01-96 (21:59) (159) Fido: Cooking
Random recipe of the day