|1||Whole 9" Baked Pastry Shell|
|3||Whole Bananas; Large|
|3||Whole Egg Whites|
|¼ teaspoon||Cream Of Tartar|
1. In saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; gradually stir in milk.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly.
3. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
4. Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; immediately return to hot mixture; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. Remove from heat. Add butter and vanilla.
6. Slice bananas into bottom of pastry shell. Pour cream mixture over bananas.
7. Beat egg whites with vanilla and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
8. Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff and glossy peaks form and all sugar is dissolved.
9. Spread meringue over hot filling, sealing to edge of pastry.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden.
Recipe by: DG
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 192 by "Diane Geary" <diane@...> on Nov 3, 1997
Random recipe of the day