|2 eaches||Bak choi *|
|2 tablespoons||Peanut oil|
|2 eaches||Green onions; chopped|
|½ cup||Chicken broth|
|2 tablespoons||Dark soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Light soy sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Chili garlic sauce|
|1 teaspoon||Honey >OR> sugar|
|1 tablespoon||Water; cold|
|⅛ teaspoon||Sesame oil|
* Bak choi, AKA bok choy: Chinese cabbage, smaller the better.
1. Chop cabbage into bite-sized pieces, about 1 inch square. Wash, drain and dry on towels. Seperate white stems and green leafs.
2. Mix chili and soy sauces, honey, cornstarch and water; set aside.
3. Preheat wok, add oil. Quickly swirl garlic; remove and discard. Add onions and white parts of cabbage; stir-fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth, green parts of cabbage; mix, cover, and cook until just barely tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Add step 2 sauce, and stir for 1 minute to thicken.
6. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with sesame oil, toss and serve immediately.
Recipe by Kurt Faria, from taste and memories of Shanghai, 1994.
Submitted By KURT FARIA On 12-31-95
Random recipe of the day