|¾ cup||Vegetable oil|
|2 teaspoons||Vanilla extract|
|1½ teaspoon||Ground cinnamon|
|¼ teaspoon||Ground nutmeg|
|¾ teaspoon||Baking soda|
|¾ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|3 cups||Apples, peeled -- cored &|
|1½ cup||Walnuts -- chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In large bowl of electric mixer, beat eggs, oil, and vanilla until well combined.
2. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, stirring to combine thoroughly. Add to egg mixture and stir to blend.
Stir in apples and nuts.
3. Spoon batter into a greased 9- by 13-inch baking pan, or a 10-inch fluted or plain tube pan.
4. Bake until a skewer inserted in center comes out clean (30 to 40 minutes, or 40 to 50 minutes if using a tube pan). Cool 30 minutes in pan on rack before cutting.
* Timesaver Tip: Batter can be made ahead and frozen before baking. Line a 9- by 13-inch pan with heavy-duty foil and add batter. Freeze, uncovered, until frozen solid. Remove from pan; wrap tightly. For tube pan, spoon batter into unlined greased pan, wrap pan tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil, and freeze. Label and date package. Freeze at 0 degrees F up to 4 weeks. To bake, peel off foil; put batter in greased pan. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven 35 to 45 minutes, or until pick inserted in center comes out clean. For tube pan, remove foil; bake 40 to 50 minutes.
Recipe By : the California Culinary Academy File
Random recipe of the day