|½ large||Poblano chile|
|1||Clove (large) garlic|
|1 cup||Long-grain rice|
|⅔ cup||Chicken stock (see index)|
|5 ounces||Frozen peas; defrosted|
|2||Carrots; peeled & cut in 1/8 inch dices|
1. Place the onion, celery, chile and garlic in a small saucepan with 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Let the mixture cool until lukewarm, then puree in a blender or food processor. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil in a small saucepan and fry the raw rice gently over in order to cook evenly without burning.
4. Stir in the pureed vegetables and the liquid. Add the chicken stock and salt. Bring to a boil, stir once, and reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, undisturbed, for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Add the peas and carrots without stirring. Replace the cover and continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
6. Stir with a fork before serving to fluff the rice and mix the vegetables through.
LOPEZ Y GONZALEZ
LEE ROAD, CLEVELAND HEIGHTS.
WINE: RED RIOJA
From the <Micro Cookbook Collection of Mexican Recipes>. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive, .
Random recipe of the day