|2 pounds||Chicken breast halves|
|Without skin -- 4 halves|
|½ teaspoon||Fresh ground pepper --|
|½ teaspoon||Paprika -- divided|
|2 teaspoons||Olive oil|
|1 large||Green pepper -- chopped|
|¾ cup||Chopped onions|
|1½ teaspoon||Garlic -- minced|
|1 cup||Long-grain rice|
|14½ ounce||Chicken broth, defatted-1 cn|
|⅓ cup||Dry white wine|
|⅛ teaspoon||Saffron -- optional|
|16 ounces||Stewed tomatoes -- or 14.5|
|1 tablespoon||Chopped parsley -- fresh|
1. Cut each breast in 2 pieces. Combine ¼ teaspoon each salt, pepper, and paprika; rub over chicken.
2. Heat oil over high heat. Add chicken; cook until golden on all sides, 10 minutes. Remove chicken.
3. Add green pepper, onions, and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring until vegetables are tender. Add rice; cook, stirring until rice is opaque, 1 to 2 minutes.
4. Stir in broth, white wine, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon each paprika nd pepper, and the saffron powder. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer,15 minutes.
5. Stir in chicken and stewed tomatoes with their liquid; return to boil, breaking up tomatoes with spoon. Cover and simmer 20 minutes more, stirring once, until chicken and riceare tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in parsley. Spoon onto warm platter.
Recipe By : Ladies' Home Journal - Jan. 1995
Random recipe of the day