|1 cup||All-purpose flour|
|¼ cup||Butter or margarine|
|½ cup||Dried apricots; snipped|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar; packed|
|1 cup||Chopped walnuts|
|½ cup||Coconut; shredded|
|1 teaspoon||Vanilla extract|
|2 tablespoons||All-purpose flour|
|Vanilla Icing; recipe follows|
|½ cup||Chopped walnuts|
1. For crust, combine the 1 cup flour and salt in a mixing bowl. Cut in butter or margarine till crumbly. Press into the bottom of a lightly greased 11 x 7 x 1-½-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 12 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, for filling, combine apricots and enough water to cover in a small saucepan. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Drain.
3. Stir together brown sugar and eggs in a large mixing bowl till combined.
Stir in drained apricots, the 1 cup walnuts, coconut, and vanilla. Add the 2 tablespoons flour; stir till combined. Spread mixture evenly over crust.
4. Bake for 15 minutes more. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Drizzle with Vanilla Icing, and sprinkle with the ½ cup walnuts. Cut into diamonds.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
5. Vanilla Icing: Combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar, 2 teaspoons milk, and ¼ teaspoon vanilla till smooth.
NOTES : To cut into diamonds, first cut straight lines down the length of the pan. Then cut diagonal lines across the pan. Trim the end pieces into triangles, rectangles, or squares.
Recipe by: Better Homes Christmas Cookies 1997 Posted to recipelu-digest by "Marie Smith" <craftee@...> on Feb 6, 1998
Random recipe of the day