|1½ tablespoon||White vinegar|
|1 tablespoon||Grey Poupon Dijon mustard|
|⅛ teaspoon||Sesame oil|
|½ cup||Corn flake crumbs|
|1||Boneless; skinless chicken breast half|
|2 cups||Vegetable oil; (for frying) (up to 4)|
|3 cups||Chopped romaine lettuce|
|1 cup||Red cabbage|
|1 cup||Napa cabbage|
|½||Carrot; julienned or shredded|
|1||Green onion; chopped|
|1 tablespoon||Sliced almonds|
|⅓ cup||Chow mein noodles|
Exported from : Top Secret Recipes 1. Preheat oil in deep fryer or deep pan over medium heat. You want the temperature of the oil to be around 350 degrees.
2. Blend together all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl with an electric mixer. Put dressing in refrigerator to chill while you prepare the salad.
3. In a small, shallow bowl beat egg, add milk, and mix well.
4. In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
5. Cut chicken breast into 4 or 5 long strips. Dip each strip of chicken first into egg mixture then into the flour mixture, coating each piece completely.
6. Fry each chicken finger for 5 minutes or until coating has darkened to brown.
7. Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots.
8. Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce.
9. Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
10. Cut the chicken into small bite-size chunks. Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle. Serve with salad dressing on the side.
Makes 1 dinner-size salad.
Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 567 by BNPF <BNPF@...> on Jan 20, 1998
Random recipe of the day