|1 cup||Buttermilk, sour milk, or|
|..plain yogurt (thinned to|
|..consistency of bmilk)|
|1 cup||Rolled oats|
|1 cup||Whole wheat (pastry) flour|
|1½ teaspoon||Baking powder|
|1||Egg or 2 egg whites or|
|..1/4 c egg substitute|
|1||Apple--cored and grated|
1. Spray muffin pan with no-stick cooking spray.
2. Stir together in large mixing bowl and let stand while preparing remaining ingredients: Buttermilk, oats, and raisons 3. Blend dry ingredients together in separate bowl: whole wheat flour,
baking powder, cinnamon, salt.
4. Vigorously blend into oats and buttermilk: Egg and honey.
5. Blend dry ingredients into liquid ingredients just until mixed.
6. Fold in grated apple.
7. Fill muffin cups almost full. Fill any empty cups half full of water.
8. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
9. Cool muffins in pan for 5 to 10 minutes for easy removal with slight
tug on side of each muffin. Turn muffins upsode down when removed from
pan unmtil ready to serve. Best served warm. Variation--omit oats and use 1¾ cups whole wheat pastry flour.
Random recipe of the day