|1 each||Large sweet red, green, and|
|1||1/4-lb-piece beef tenderloin|
|2 tablespoons||Olive oil|
|1 cup||Cubed peeled eggplant|
|¼ cup||Finely chopped onion|
|2||Cloves garlic, peeled and sliced|
|2 teaspoons||All-purpose flour|
|¾ cup||Heavy cream|
|4||Sprigs fresh parsley|
|8||Sprigs fresh basil|
|¼ cup||Grated Parmesan cheese|
|2 teaspoons||Balsamic vinegar|
|4||Ripe plum tomatoes|
1. Heat oven to 425'F. Place 12-inch sheet of aluminum foil on rimmed baking sheet. Cut each pepper into 6 pieces; remove and discard stem and seeds. Arrange peppers, skin side up, on foil. Place beef on foil with peppers. Roast 20 to 25 minutes or until beef reaches an internal temperature of 140'F. Remove from oven; place beef on plate and set aside to cool to room temperature. Pull up sides of foil around peppers and twist tightly to sea]. Set aside 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, grease four 6-oz timbale molds or custard cups. Set molds into 8-inch-square baking pan, In small skillet, heat 1 T oil over medium heat. Add eggplant cubes, onion, and half the garlic and saute until golden and eggplant is tender. Remove from heat; stir in flour until vegetables are uniformly coated. Stir in cream until mixture thickens.
3. In blender or food processor fitted with chopping blade, blend eggplant mixture, 2 sprigs parsley, 2 sprigs basil, the Parmesan cheese, and eggs until smooth. Divide mixture among greased molds.
Pour boiling water into baking pan to reach 1 inch up sides of molds.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 325'F. Bake eggplant molds 30 to 35 minutes or until centers appear set when pan is jiggled. Remove molds to wire rack; cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
5. Meanwhile, remove peppers from foil. Peel off and discard skins.
In md bowl, combine remaining oil, the vinegar, remaining garlic, and ⅛ t salt. Place roast beef in vinegar mixture and turn to coat completely. Place peppers on top of beef. Cover bowl and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
6. Just before serving, remove peppers and place beef on cutting board and thinly slice crosswise. Set aside 4 pieces each red, yellow, and green pepper. To make sauce, quarter tomatoes; remove and dis- card seeds; coarsely chop tomatoes. In blender or food processor fitted with chopping blade, blend tomatoes, remaining parsley, 2 sprigs basil, remaining 2 pieces each red, yellow, and green pepper, and ⅛ t salt until smooth.
7. To serve, run small knife around inside edges of molds to loosen eggplant mixture; invert and unmold onto 4 serving plates. Arrange 2 anchovy fillets on top of each mold. Spoon some of sauce around each.
Arrange one piece each roasted red, yellow, and green pepper and several slices beef on each plate. Sprinkle capers over each plate; place one caper on top of each mold. Garnish each plate with a basil sprig and serve. Pass additional sauce.
Nutrition information per serving-protein: 30 grams; fat: 32 grams; carbohydrate: 15 grams, fiber: 4 grams; sodium: 407 milligrams; cholesterol: 225 milligrams; calories: 457.
Country Living/Feb/94 Scanned & fixed by DP & GG
Random recipe of the day