|¾ cup||(180 ml.) cold water|
|1||Envelope unflavored gelatin|
|½ cup||(125 ml.) sugar|
|¾ cup||(180 ml.) boiling water|
|1¼ cup||(310 ml.) evaporated milk|
|½ teaspoon||(2 ml.) vanilla|
|½ teaspoon||(2 ml.) almond extract|
|2||Kiwi fruits, if desired|
|4||Fresh ripe strawberries, if desired.|
1. Measure cold water into small bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water. Let stand for 1 minute.
2. Add sugar to gelatin mixture. Stir until gelatin dissolves. Pour boiling water into medium bowl. Stir in gelatin mixture.
3. Combine milk, vanilla and almond extract. Stir milk mixture into gelatin mixture.
4. Divide mixture between four serving dishes. Refrigerate until set, about 3 hours
5. Pare and slice kiwis. Arrange kiwi slices and strawberries over each dessert.
Chinese Cooking Class Cookbook, by the editors of Consumers Guide.
Copyright 1980 by Publications International, Ltd, Skokie, Illinois.
Posted by Stephen Ceideberg; May 19 1992.
Random recipe of the day