|1 pack||Active dry yeast|
|⅔ cup||Vegetable shortening|
1. Soften yeast in water.
2. Place potatoes, sugar, shortening and salt in large bowl; stir in scalded milk.
3. Let cool to lukewarm; add eggs and yeast; mixing well.
4. Sift about 6 cups flour into mixture; stir until dough is stiff enough to knead.
5. Turn out onto lightly floured surface; knead, gradually adding flour until dough doesn't stick to hands and is smooth and elastic.
6. Shape dough into ball; place in greased bowl; turning dough to bring greased surface to top.
7. Cover with towel; let stand in warm, draft-free place until doubled.
8. Shape dough into rolls; place in greased muffin cups and let rise until double.
9. Bake in preheated 400'F. oven 15 to 20 minutes; cool on racks.
10. Brush tops with melted butter.
NOTE: For interesting variations, use mashed sweet potatoes or squash instead of regularpotatoes.