|3 pounds||Beef chuck roast; boneless|
|1||Envelope Onion-mushroom soup mix Mixed with 1 1/2 cups water|
|1 can||Whole tomato; Undrained|
|2 larges||White turnips; peeled, Cut in 8 wedges|
|3 larges||Parsnips; peeled, Cut in pieces|
1. Brown meat on all sides in a 4- to 5-qt nonstick Dutch oven.
2. Add soup-and-water mixture and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 1½ hours, turning meat over once.
3. Add vegetables. Simmer 40 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender when pierced.
4. Lift meat to cutting board. Cover loosely with foil and let it stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Slice meat across the grain. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Recipe by: Woman's Day 3/10/98 Posted to recipelu-digest by Rodeo46898 <Rodeo46898@...> on Mar 2, 1998
Random recipe of the day