|2 kilograms||Sugar; (4.4 lbs)|
It's not pure orange, but the best marmalade I've ever made was a recipe Mirj posted back in 1995:
1. Cut up oranges, grapefruit and lemon in small pieces.
2. Leave in pot of water for 24 hours.
1. Put pot on stove and boil for half an hour.
2. Set aside for 24 hours.
1. Put pot back on stove and boil for half an hour.
2. Add sugar and leave for 24 hours.
1. Simmer on low flame until marmalade is thick (3-4 hours).
2. Pour into jars. Seal lids.
This stuff is great to roast chicken with.
Posted to FOODWINE Digest by Chris Carlisle <carlisle@...> on Jan 13, 1998
Random recipe of the day